Melbourne’s weather was not agreeable today, but atleast degraves street is pretty. #melbourne
Today: falling in love with my memory card and reminiscing on the best day of our trip, spent along the Amalfi Coast. I’ll never forget how freeing it felt to jump into that salty water, swim with new friends, and lay out in the sun on the deck.
Tonight: out for dinner to celebrate miss @loza.t’s special birthday and eat my body weight in tempeh stir fry.
Also wishing my @amymargaret birthday wishes from afar tonight, I hope you are showing those ‘Mercian kids who’s boss and I’ll be hear ready to rock out to ‘22’ when you return.
THE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF HEALTH
1. Clean, fresh air
2. Pure water
3. Foods for which we are biologically designed
4. Sufficient sleep
5. Rest and relaxation
6. Vigorous activity
7. Emotional poise and stability
8. Sunshine and natural light
9. Comfortable temperature
10. Peace, harmony, serenity, and tranquility
11. Human touch
12. Thought, cognition, and meditation
13. Friendships and companionship
14. Gregariousness (social relationships, community)
15. Love and appreciation
16. Play and recreation
17. Pleasant environment
18. Amusement and entertainment
19. Sense of humor, mirth and merriment
20. Security of life and its means
21. Inspiration, motivation, purpose, and commitment
22. Creative, useful work (pursuit of interest)
23. Self-control and self-mastery
24. Individual sovereignty
25. Expression of reproductive instincts
26. Satisfaction of the aesthetic senses
28. Positive self image
29. Internal and external cleanliness
31. Music and all other arts
32. Biophilia (love of nature)
The 80/10/10 Diet, Dr. Douglas N. Graham (via coyotegold)
Found a slice of California in Brooklyn last week. Wearing out a new hat from my favorite milliner @janessaleone (at lusttforlife.com)
Foster the People last night was insane. I saw them two years ago at Big Day Out and their performance last night was even better. Somehow we managed to make our way from quite far back to the fourth row, right in the middle. There was a scary moment at the end where, because of the crowd surging, me and a ton of other people standing near me were all pushed over into a giant crushing heap. Everyone was really helpful though so no one was hurt (I think one person lost a shoe?).
I had a similar moment two years ago at the Big Day Out. Completely absorbed in a crazy mosh pit absolutely high on Foster. Mark dived into the crowd at one stage and I nearly had a complex when I touched his foot.
If these walls could speak… Ah it’s probably best they can’t! #melbourne #melbourneuni
Of all the things that
strike me, there is none that holds my heart, yet all of them
together disturb my feelings, so that I forget what I am and who
I belong to.
I solemnly swear I am up to know good
I’m so happy with the location of my apartment. Aside from being very central to the city and my university, it has some amazing running tracks and parks!